| Dates|| Meeting/Course and Short Synopsis |
Local Date/Time is: 2014 / 7 / 24 @ 7:20
|Jul 16, 2014|
Jul 16, 2014
- Getting the most from your AFM requires effective utilization of image processing software. This free, live-streaming seminar covers how to level images,display images, and analyze images with AFM image processing software. The demonstration will utilize Gwyddions open source software and be led by Paul West, PhD.
|Jul 21, 2014|
Jul 25, 2014
- 5 Day Intensive. Learn AFM set-up, operation, and sample prep skills. Hands-on with AFMs, daily lab work, lectures: life sciences, metrology, polymers, odd-shaped samples, artifacts & problems, modes.
|Aug 01, 2014|
Aug 07, 2014
- Light/Optical MultiPhoton IR/Raman Fluorescence Near Field NSOM Scanning Probe SPM STM AFM MFM SEM LVSEM ESEM LEEM TEM HREM STEM SCEM IVEM/HVEM CBED TED EBSD OIM Tomography Holography Lorentz Insitu AEM ELS EDS WDS EMPA SIM SIMS FIM AtomProbe FIB X-Ray Mi
- The worlds largest annual meeting on Microscopy & Microanalysis. 50 major Symposia, pre-meeting workshops, short courses, in week tutorials, the worlds largest commercial exhibit of instruments and supporting resources for microscopy & microanalysis.
|Aug 04, 2014|
Aug 04, 2014
|Title:||FOM-FIG Lunch With A Manager|
|Sponsor:||Microscopy Soc Am Facilites Operation & Management Focused Interest Group [FOM-FIG]|
|Location:||Microscopy & Microanalysis 2014 Annual Meeting , Hartford CT United States|
- Microscopy Facility Operations & Management
- The Facilities Operation & Management Focused Interest Group is pleased to host a One-Day Student Lunch & Roundtable forum with a panel of veteran Microscopy Facility Managers.
--The Road Less Traveled: The Journey to becoming “The Lab Manager”.
--“Now What Do I Do?”: Dailey Challenges and Rookie Mistakes.
|Sep 07, 2014|
Sep 12, 2014
|Title:||18th International Microscopy Congress - IMC 2014|
|Sponsor:||Czechoslovak Microscopy Society + International Federation of Societies for Microscopy|
|Location:||Prague Congress Centre , Prague CZECH REPUBLIC|
- Light/Optical MultiPhoton IR/Raman Fluorescence Near Field NSOM Scanning Probe MFM SEM TEM HREM STEM SCEM CBED TED EBSD Holography Lorentz Insitu AEM EDS WDS ESCA SIM FIB X-Ray Microscopy MRI Computational TPM/TPC
- The International Microscopy Congress (IMC) is held every four years under the auspices of International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (IFSM). The Congress has been providing an international forum for discussion and exchange of views on the state of the art of microscopy. The IMC 2014 will gather more than 2500 researchers, industry partners and other stakeholders involved in microscopy sciences from over the world.
|Sep 25, 2014|
Sep 26, 2014
|Title:||1st LightSheet Fluorescence Microscopy International Conference & 6th LSFM International Workshop|
|Sponsor:||Organized by IRB Barcelona, ICFO and CRG|
|Location:||Casa Convalescència , Barcelona SPAIN|
- Light/Optical MultiPhoton Fluorescence Near Field NSOM
- The conference is open to developers, users, scientists and companies. Sessions will focus on topics such as Lightsheet Imaging & Applications, Lightsheet Engineering, Ultramicroscopy & Optical Clearing, Super-resolution and Single Molecules, Image Analysis & Large Data Challenges, and New Developments.
Submission of abstracts until 6 June: http://www.lsfm2014.com/registration-abstracts/
Early registration fees until 6 June: http://www.lsfm2014.com/registration-abstracts/
|Oct 27, 2014|
Oct 31, 2014
|Title:||NIBSC cryo-workshop 2014|
|Sponsor:||National Institute for Biological Standards and Control|
|Location:||National Institute for Biological Standards and Co , South Mimms, Potters Bar UNITED KINGDOM|
- SEM TEM cryo-preparation
- NIBSC with JEOL (UK) Ltd. and LEICA are holding a dedicated cryo-workshop based on technologies installed at the NIBSC Imaging laboratory, Potters Bar, London, UK. The course will be held over 5 days commencing Monday 27th October through to Friday 31st October 2014. Delegate numbers will be strictly limited to ensure maximum hands-on training.
The course will embrace cryo-preparation techniques using Cryo-FEGSEM, Cryo-TEM with GIF quantum and many associated preparation techniques: High pressure freezing (HMP010), Freeze fracture (Leica/BAF060), Cryo-sectioning, Freeze substitution, Vitreous thin films (plunge freezing), Tomography and High resolution Cryo-FEG SEM. This year new automated acquisition solutions will also be taught.
Applications are invited, please include a brief description of your current interests to Gill Cathro Email: Gill.Cathro@nibsc.org; Tel: +44 (0) 1707 641561; Fax: +44 (0) 1707 641578
|Feb 02, 2015|
Feb 06, 2015
|Title:||2015 Microscopy New Zealand Conference|
|Sponsor:||University of Otago & Microscopy New Zealand|
|Location:||University of Otago, Information Services Building , Dunedin, NNA NEW ZEALAND|
- Light/Optical MultiPhoton IR/Raman Fluorescence Scanning Probe SPM STM AFM MFM SEM LVSEM ESEM TEM STEM TED EBSD Holography EDS WDS FIB MRI Computational microCT
- Hosted by the Otago Centres for Electron Microscopy (OCEM) and Confocal Microscopy (OCCM), the 27th New Zealand Conference on Microscopy will take place 2-6 February 2015 in Dunedin, New Zealand. The conference will run for three days including seminars, an exhibition, conference dinner, an exhibition & poster reception, and the MNZ annual general meeting. Two optional days of workshops will follow on February 5th & 6th.